Solar Photovoltaic Testing Chambers
ESPEC is offering a Solar Application Guide, which reviews the IEC and UL test specifications for silicon crystal and thin-film PV modules. The Guide will review the tests, and help explain technical issues in compliance, and creating a testing plan.
In this Guide you will learn:
- How to cut the test time for temperature cycling almost a month.
- Differences between the UL and IEC tests
- An inexpensive chamber option that will pay you back quickly.
Click here to get our Solar Application Guide
Click here to get our Solar Chamber Brochure
Chambers for IEC 61215, 61646, & UL-1703 environmental tests
ESPEC sells temperature and humidity cycling test chambers suited for testing photovoltaic modules to ensure compliance with IEC 61215 and 61646, and other test standards.
See our Solar Panel Testing Chambers specifically designed to fit PV modules and meet IEC tests
Model types include:
Applicable IEC 61215 & 61646 test methods:
- 10.11 Thermal Cycling Test — Cycling between 85°C and -40°C at 100°C/hour maximum
- 10.12 Humidity-Freeze Test — Cycling between 85°C / 85%RH and -40°C
- 10.13 Damp Heat Test — 85°C/85%RH for 1000 hours
Other environmental test methods for photovoltaic solar panels
- IEC 62108 for concentrator photovoltaic assemblies (International Electrotechnical Commission) — Similar tests as IEC-61215
- JIS C-8990, C-8991, C-8917, C-8938 (Japanese Industrial Standard) — Similar tests as IEC-61215
- UL-1703 for flat-plate photovoltaic modules (Underwriter’s Laboratories)
Related Products from ESPEC
See Platinum models
Four larger sizes than our Platinous and Global-N series.
- Interior sizes: 42, 48, 60, or 112 cu. ft.
- Temperature-only or temperature/humidity models
- Temperature cycling rates of 2 to 15°C/min.
Solid Walk-in Chambers
See Solid Walk-ins
One-piece chamber construction for durability for extreme testing
- High temperature range to 150°C
- Suitable for change rates greater than 10°C/min.
- Includes full-opening doors for easier loading
- Built with the size and features you need