ESPEC Enables Li-ion Battery Testing
ESPEC testing chambers meet all battery reliability and safety standards
Because battery failure is a real risk (and sometimes a desired outcome), environmental chambers need safety systems to protect from harmful explosions and ensure operator safety. Based on your testing needs and safety requirements, ESPEC can help with the following options to create a complete testing system.
Common test standards for secondary lithium ion battery cells or modules:
For more information on the test specifications see the table in the brochure or on our FAQ page: Battery Test Methods and Specifications.
- UL 1642 - Standard for Lithium Batteries
- UL 2054 - Household and Commercial Batteries
- IEC 62133 - Safety requirements for portable sealed secondary cells
- IEC 62660-2 - Secondary lithium-ion cells for the propulsion of electric road vehicles - Part 2: Reliability and abuse testing
- SAE J2464 - Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicle Rechargeable Energy Storage System (RESS)
ESPEC builds battery test chamber and performs battery testing. If failure is not an option for your Li-Ion battery products, you need us!!!! UL relies on ESPEC and ESPEC Qualmark chambers to test products, so should you… especially when failure is not an option. The following video features ESPEC chambers being used for battery testing.